Wednesday, May 21, 2008

One year stronger, one year longer

This past Sunday was Gettysburg graduation... so it's been one year since I left that place. That night the Empire State building was lit Orange and Blue. Poignant, is the word for that. Gettysburg - I miss you a lot. So bucolic, so slow. Life there moves at a different pace. I miss my bag of dicks, can we arrange a reunion in June? (Tomorrow I get to see Rob and Karen, which should be nice).

Classes and school are finished - now I am looking for a job and preparing for the hell that June will bring with the creation of that staged reading for Susan. Only 20 hours of week, but it will end up being much more than that with all the outside work, plus the script is still "in development" (needs A LOT of developing)

My first year of graduate school, what can I say? It was a whirl wind, and it's only now that I'm out of that world that my tunnel vision has lifted. It really sucks you in... the work, the drama, the pressures. But I came out on top. I feel happy with my progress: I know what I did and did not accomplish, and know where I need to go in order to take my work and my art to the next level.

It doesn't feel like summer just yet. The breeze is still too brisk, and I'm still wearing sneakers most of the time. The clouds have parted, however and hopefully it will be warm weather from here on out.

I bought my ticket for Switzerland today. I leave July 1st and don't return until August 27th. An entire summer away - haven't been gone that long in a while, but it might be good for me to get away. (Run away?) Fly away! But not as cheesy as Lenny Kravitz makes it... just some personal rehab, if you will. ["Destination anywhere, pack a bag and we're outta her..."] A summer with a long lost friend, collaboration and art. Sounds nice and therapeutic.

My dad got admitted to the hospital today - he had chest pains this morning. I love him so much and hope he is okay. I think he's fine, but I'm happy that he is being monitored... what an amazing father and person he is. That's all for now.

1 comment:

Amy said...

what did you find out at the hopsickle?