Saturday, June 21, 2008

hi-diddle fiddle diddle dillen dally day

i have been working very hard lately. Not just hard at my job, but hard all around. I've been putting effort into everything I'm doing, and feel like I'm going non-stop. Sometimes the city feels overpowering... there are too many things to do, too many people to see, and not enough time. I'm looking forward to the languidity of long zurich days, and cool summer nights.

For a while there I was working almost everyday at the restaurant, but now since "Helen and Teacher" is in full swing, I've cut back to just three shifts a week. Still it's plenty money for me to sock away and save for Europe. The "Helen and Teacher" project is very overwhelming. I am working with very professional actors (lots with broadway credits, etc.) and it can feel intimidating. Actually, the truth is that it is less intimidating than it is nerve-wracking... I want to make sure that they actors are accomodated for in a way that they are used to, but at the same time I need to maintain my authority, etc.

Susan's script is completely still in development, so it's too early to be doing this reading - however, i think the whole experience will be a positive one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The play I am performing in at the edinburgh fringe festival is called "1913 or Nude descending a Staircase" - it's about this Countess who murdered 6 of her lovers with her husband. I get to play a narrator type role, as well as two of the lovers that get axed. Whoopie! (Goldberg?)

Time for me to go. Amy is coming today -- yay!

No comments: