Thursday, April 24, 2008

I coulda been a contenda'















Just need to stop:
(think think think)
what is meant to
B___________E
… is meant to be


I feel like breaking free from the constraints of my self-imposed “style,” - maybe a dip into the new and exciting. An exploration of uncharted territory (whatever that might be)? Yeah, prose is the way to go - At least for this post.

I’m really depressed about messing up my monologue at the audition. I know there are many factors that play into getting the gig (aside from talent, haha), but I was so right for this – so, so right, and it seemed like everything was lining up in my favor, but alas. Now the truth is that I haven’t heard from them, but it’s been two days and “no news is bad news” in this biz. Some say 'maybe' but I can feel it in my gut that it's a no go. I just wasn't connected during the monologue. Fuck you, Shakespeare. I know I shouldn’t dwell on it and scrutinize myself, but I can't help replaying the whole event over and over and over in my mind ad nauseum.

I should have done the monologue that my mom suggested. Instead I went with my acting teacher. FUCK. But right, I can’t dwell. Can’t complain – at least I had the opportunity to audition. It was my first audition as well, so I guess at least I have the experience to take from it.

T H E E X P E R I E N C E

Fuck that. I guess I just had my hopes up really high – so high that the crash feels like a b u r n/ I seem to be hitting the ground a lot lately. slump. I don’t like being in(side) a slump. Things were feeling good – everything was right.

I need to learn to:
C O N T A I N
myself! You know, me.

part of me feels like I never want to audition again. I feel so unmotivated in school, and this is definitely NOT the right time for all this negative emotion. Too much work for that.

1 comment:

Andy White said...

No worries, my Sarah friend. All things are well. You still have your looks and perfume.

Bob Dylan once sang, "There's no success like failure, but failure's no success at all." I don't know exactly what he means by that, but it feels right to jot it here.

When your school is done, let's go camping and get you reacquainted with the goodness of sweet nature. I just gotta find a free moment and there aren't too many of those these days...

The picture of you with your hands on your face makes me laugh a lot.

Your stylized posts are fresh and user-friendly. I like them. Keep it up!

Cheers,
Andy